I grew up playing sports. I was very competitive in basketball and track. I earned a track scholarship to run for Brigham Young University (2007-2011). My love for exercise started from a very young age with my parents. They are both very athletic. My dad was a University of Utah athlete and professional power lifter. He taught me a love for fitness. I grew up with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Flo Jo posters in my room, flexing my muscles with my brothers, and exercising with my family. In college I spent a few years as a ski instructor. I learned that I have a passion for sharing my love of recreation with others.
I earned my degree in Recreation Management and Youth Leadership. The strength coach I had while training as a sprinter for BYU helped me realize my desire to become a Strength and Conditioning Coach. After having my first daughter and gaining upwards of 65 pounds, I just couldn’t lose the weight. I missed feeling and looking like an athlete, so I started Crossfit. I fell in love with CrossFit and never looked back. The weight came off and I’ve found a love for competing.
- Crossfit Level 1 Trainer
- USAW Sports Performance Coach (Olympic Lifting)
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (NASM)
- Strength and Conditioning Coach at Houston Baptist University and Brigham Young University
- Velocity Sports Performance Coach
- 4 Year NCAA Division 1 Track and Field Athlete (100m, 200m)
- Rocky Mountain Classic (1st Place)
- Wyoming Open 2015
- Fittest Summer 2014 (3rd Place)
- 2014 Crossfit South West Regionals
- 2013 Octoberfest (2nd place)
- 2013 Atomic Hammer and Chisel
- 2013 Gulf Coast Gauntlet